FRCS (England), FRCS - Urology (UK),
MSc (Med Ed, Cardiff), MAcadMEd,
Dip in Reflective Practice & Teaching Observation (London), Dip in Laparascopic & Minimally Invasive Surgery (Strasbourg).
Munir Ahmed is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at South London Health Care Trust, Hon. Senior Lecturer and Undergraduate Sub-Dean at King's College of Medicine, University of London.
Mr Ahmed has over 20 years experience in a wide spectrum of urology, with special interest in endourology, andrology, prostate problems, bladder, kidney & prostate cancer. He sees nearly 3,000 patients a year in the NHS and also a large number in local private hospitals.
He has written and published extensively on teaching and learning, patient empowerment, quality of care and service delivery related issues.
Munir Ahmed specialises in the investigation and treatment of the following conditions using laser, key-hole and telescopic surgery as appropriate:
- Bladder, Prostate, Kidney & Testicular Cancer
- Prostate problems
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile dysfunction (ED), Infertility and other "men's diseases"
Mr Ahmed also has expertise in the investigation and treatment of the following symptoms:
- Poor Flow
- Blood in Urine
- Overactive Bladder
- Concerns about PSA, Blood Tests or Kidney function Tests
- Lump or Pain in the Scrotum or Testicle
Education & Training
Munir Ahmed provides the following services in Education & Training:
- Examiner for MBBS, MRCS
- Assessment of under & post graduate trainees
- Curriculum development & implementation
- Strategic Educational Planning in Medical Education & Training at under-graduate and post-graduate levels
- Course Development & Training in Urology and in Basic Surgical & Medical Skills